turning your orbit around

or... the utter enormity of the task

12.13.2004

we are a part of the knitting nation

i love my wife.

it seems to me that as we get older, we get weirder. at a late lunch yesterday before we left denver to head back up into the hills, i was staring off into space and then said, out of the blue, "i'd like to see a ufo before i die." as if it's a choice, like deciding to backpack across europe or go on a cruise. now, that's strange enough for some, i guess, but what i think is funny is that jenn didn't even flinch. she just asked me why.

i drove on the way home so that jenn could knit (she's hustling to finish several projects before christmas). as it got darker, she put on my petzl headlamp and kept knitting away in the passenger seat; and as the miles rolled by she began singing "we are a part of the knitting nation" to the tune of the janet jackson song from the mid-eighties, off the album of the same name. maybe you had to be there, but i just about fell the f$%* out. i started laughing. hard.

the point is this, i guess: thank god she'll have me, because there's no one else out there who'll put up with me and make me laugh like she does.

marriage is all it's cracked up to be. and it cracks me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site 
Meter