turning your orbit around

or... the utter enormity of the task

3.02.2005

ummmm....

i know i should post to my blog, but this big white empty screen is staring me in the face, challenging me to write something funny or original or profound - or all three. and yet, i feel uninspired.

i was thinking about writing a poem, but that part of my brain is empty tonight.

i was planning on reminiscing about my time in jackson with timmy - 'gislands and buds and the beta band and applying salve and neosporin to timmy's third degree ice-burned ass for him - but that topic deserves some embarrasing and incriminating pictures of poot that i don't have here at work.

i was going to share, once again, how excited i am to be in a "band" where we're progressing musically and all taking it seriously, but i think my faithful readership may be getting tired of that.

i thought i might bring up the latest jack johnson album - which jenn surprised me with yesterday night on the day of its release - and how i'm not sure yet whether i really like it; how it sounds like more of the same, while my truly favorite bands tend to really progress or change from project to project (wilco, gomez, ryan adams).

i wanted to profess my undying love for how f%*king cool elvis costello's 3 best songs are - 'watching the detectives,' '(the angels wanna wear) my red shoes,' and 'radio, radio' - but i think i've already mentioned my newfound appreciation for elvis costello recently.

lastly, i was hoping to share my excitement that one mista robert overman is arriving tomorrow night, and i'll be skiing with him for 4 days straight from saturday through tuesday.

but, alas, i don't think i want to talk about any of those things. (here is where you say, "hey, he just did!!" and i tell you that this was my plan all along, and that this style of first person narrative trickery probably has some fancy literary name that is escaping me at the moment)

have a wonderful evening, worldwide readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site 
Meter