turning your orbit around

or... the utter enormity of the task

3.16.2006

a pound of curry in my gut

so folks, remember over the new year when i had my stomach flu in arizona?

it turns out a severe stomach virus can set events into motion that may eventually lead to appendicitis. and that is exactly what happened to me.

at 2:00 in the morning last tuesday, i was admitted to the ER at st. anthony's hospital in denver with accute appendicitis. at 4:30 later that morning, i had an emergency appendectomy. it did not rupture, but the doctor said that it was "well on its way."

jenn and i were down that monday to get the subaru fixed, since it had crapped out on her the day before on her way to a volleyball tournament. we got it back late monday afternoon, and decided to drive back to steamboat the next day. we had thai food for dinner, watched a movie, and went to bed around 10:30, at which point i was pretty uncomfortable. after a half hour of feeling like someone was taking a hot butter knife and stabbing me in my right side with it, i woke jenn up and she drove me to the ER.

what a shitty week.

but, i am on the mend, and putting in about 5 hours a day at work. i'm sore, i can't move too quickly, but the incisions are healing and my insides are feeling better and better.

it was my first surgery ever, and i was freaked out. but jenn, god bless her, was so calming, and so confident. i love my wife a whoooooooole bunch.

thanks to everyone who called or emailed with well wishes. i should be back to posting semi-regularly in the coming weeks.

david

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site 
Meter