turning your orbit around

or... the utter enormity of the task

5.31.2005

birthday(s)

though today is my actual birthday, it's the third birthday party for me in as many days. on sunday, a friend of mine and i had a shared birthday party at his place, with a keg and everything. a kegger - not bad for 31 (me) and 34 respectively. it was mostly his and his wife's friends, who were all very nice. we played horseshoes and grilled out and tried not to get too drenched by a cold rain.

yesterday, same thing except at our place: cook out, drink the remnants of the keg, and try not to get too wet when filling our cups out in an even chillier rain. we had some neighbors from our condo complex come over, some cmc co-workers, a few of my friends not from work, and some of my sister-in-law's buddies. it was a very nice afternoon and evening where everyone got to know each other better, and i couldn't have asked for more. it was capped off by chris walsh and me playing buzzed songs on the guitar.

today, a party at work - bring your own lunch and sit on the deck with your librarian. 60 degrees, beautiful sunny day, everything smells fresh from the recent rains, and milk and cookies to top things off.

it all got me to thinking - i feel truly blessed. i love where i live, where i work, the fact that i'm playing music with friends. i really enjoy the people i work with and the people i meet. steamboat rocks.

put very simply: things are good.

1 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Steamboat Lion said...

man, I knew I left too early - I missed you and Chris on the guitar!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site 
Meter