turning your orbit around

or... the utter enormity of the task

11.09.2005

new mp3...

well, folks, i bit the bullet and paid the $14 required by my favorite mp3 ripper. they gave me a 30 day trial, then took it away from me and told me to cough up. i had refused to pay for awhile, but couldn't hold out any longer. i know some of my tech-savy readers will tell me there are still free ones out there, but this one is just so damn easy it was worth it. fourteen bucks for life - i can handle that.

anyway, here's a very sparse version of rodeo clowns from russell and me. to get some of the rust out, we played for the kiddies at lunch last week.

the new incarnation of big pants is doing well. the new bassist is holy-crap-good, and we've got about 20 or so songs (including 2 new originals). we're recording a demo on thursday of next week, which we'll shop around to bars to see who wants us to play this ski season. i'll keep you posted.

possible new names for the band:

the misunderestimated
ro-tel romeos
avian bird flukes
scooter libby experience
the pandemics
the polemics
armed with vegetables
rove is burning

2 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to assume you will be sending one to the "bar" in Ohio. email me and I will get you the address of the "bar".

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Chox said...

Nice voice. It sounds good coming out of my computer speakers and subwoofer.

Hmmm...band names...how about:

Sushi and the Banshees
The Chene Gang (theactivesoul inspired that one)
Roomba and the Orecks

And that's about all I can think of right now...just ignore me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site 
Meter