turning your orbit around

or... the utter enormity of the task

11.03.2004

back among the living... barely

what's up all? i am back from the hinterlands of upper respiratory illness, combined with some minor sinusitis. that's right, folks, i've been sick as a damn dog.

the prior week feels like time lost. little bits flit in and out of memory: drinking tomato juice and orange juice and tea and water and tea and water and tea and chicken bouillon, shivering in front of the fireplace, sweating my ass off in front of the fireplace, coughing myself awake at night, hacking up yummy green gobs of gooey goodness (how's that for alliteration!), and television. so... much... fucking... television.

i am so hopped up on cough suppresants and pain relievers, every noise sounds like it's emanating from a long, dark tunnel, and my head feels like it's floating 2 feet above my body. fun.

and now, as my body heals, my mind is sick. sick with worry and hopelessness for the next four years. sick that this man, this barely literate, warmongering, compassionless, economy-tanking dipshit is still our president. as my good friend p-diddy stated in his blog, i guess this is sour grapes. but i like sour grapes. and i will continue to eat them until barak obama, the esteemed senator from my home state of illinois, becomes the first black president in the history of our nation in 2008. obama in '08!

(p.s. check out timmy's new and impressively poetic blog - it's really good, and he's one of my best friends in the whole wide world)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site 
Meter