turning your orbit around

or... the utter enormity of the task

6.21.2005

el cumpleaños de eugénio!

today, my dad geno is one year older.

my mom inspires me by her willingness to be goofy, the ease with which she laughs, and her voracious reading appetite. my father inspires me by his curious mind, the passion with which he discovers new hobbies and rediscovers old ones, and his generosity.

so happy birthday, pop! make sure mom takes you out to a nice dinner.

in other news, a couple people have asked me why on earth i'd advertise my winter weight on my blog for all the world to know. well, frankly, to challenge myself. last time i had to lose some weight, the inspiration was sheer desperation: i'd never weighed that much, and it freaked me out. this time around, i'm not at that point - thank goodness - so why not make it public and give myself something to prove? folks, my target weight is in the high 180s. as of this morning (i'm happy to report i've lost half a pound!), i will have to lose 11.5 pounds to get to 189. expect more reports to come.

the summer of fitness started yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site 
Meter