turning your orbit around

or... the utter enormity of the task

10.24.2007

bowing out...

howdy folks. it has been a long time since a post to this blog, and i think it's time to call it quits. i'm tipping my hat, walking off into the blogosphere sunset, and all those other old cliches. my life is so full offline - my beautiful wife, a regularly gigging band, and a hardcore flyfishing addiction - that i just don't have time to come up with creative posts anymore. you people deserve creative/amusing/ruminative posts, and i'm afraid i'm fresh out for now.

it's been three years this fall since i started this thing. my life has undergone some changes - almost all good - and this blog allowed me to track that journey and share it with you all. the fact that friends and family (and a few strangers) actually read this thing is humbling, and i want to thank all of you for your kind words and comments over the years.

so, what to leave you with? for starters, check out my band site every now and then. we have some audio demos on there of original songs, and a couple of video performances from this summer and last fall as well. we have a regular apres-ski gig at the ski area this season, and we're already working on lining up shows (and a few festivals!) for next summer.

also, if you do not know paul, you should. the blog he and his lovely bride to be maintain is pretty dang entertaining, all about living in the wilds of the wind river country of wyoming. and he was my original inspiration for blogging in the first place.

and, if you don't know timmy, you should. the blog he maintains - while light on textual content - is chock full of awesome images that are a result of tim's burgeoning interest in photography. my friend has a great eye, and it gets better with every picture he takes.

and with that, i'll leave you with some pictures of my life. thanks for reading, and be well!


3 beautiful ladies: mom-in-law, jenn, sis-in-law. SLC, 9/2007.


Shoeing on Rabbit Ears, Marley can barely stay still. Early season, winter 05/06.


All my cousins. Though I don't see them enough, I love 'em. 11/2006.


Me and the drunk chihuaha. Rizzle's going away party, 10/2006 (i think).


Dad with a gorgeous 21 inch rainbow on the White. 7/2007.


A Jebus flier done by a CMC student for one of our shows this summer.


Mom & Dad from waaaaaaaay back.

1 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll never know how you all are doing now. I pray God's blessins on all of you. may you be held in God's hands. I love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site 
Meter